In today’s rapidly evolving industrial landscape, businesses are often faced with challenges that seem insurmountable. One of the most common and persistent issues is the obsolescence of machinery and tools. It's a well-known dilemma: a piece of equipment instrumental...
Re-manufacturing older or inefficient machinery can be a viable option for manufacturing businesses aiming to optimize their production processes and reduce costs, especially in a challenging economic environment.
The team at Nordon are passionate about redesigning and re-manufacturing components to improve machinery performance, productivity and repairability.
Here are some benefits and considerations of successful re-manufacturing:
Initial Costs: Re-manufacturing can cost significantly less than purchasing new equipment.
Operational Costs: It can also improve energy efficiency, leading to lower utility bills.
- Waste Reduction: Reuses many parts of the existing equipment, reducing waste.
- Resource Efficiency: Conserves resources that would be used in making new equipment.
- Tailored Solutions: Allows for custom upgrades to meet specific operational needs.
- Technology Integration: Enables integration of modern technology with existing machinery.
Shorter Lead Time:
- Quick Upgrades: Faster than waiting for the delivery and installation of new equipment.
- Less Downtime: Minimizes production interruption.
- Improved Efficiency: Optimises performance through the integration of modern components.
- Quality Assurance: Re-manufactured machinery can sometimes outperform its original specifications.